Saturday, December 06, 2003

Winter

Boylston Street, Saturday morning, before nearly all of the snow.


Snowed in for the weekend, so it would be a shame if I didn't take a little time to write. It's much better than shoveling, or filling out report cards, and I've got all this extra time because I gave up my seat to Pats-Dolphins tomorrow, which is a good hour-and-a-half from my house on a clear day. On top of all that, there were some things in my paper this morning (The Boston Globe) that caught my eye, and that I had an opinion on, so I figured I'd express those here. They're not all sports-related, so feel free to leave if you so desire. Of course, you're always free to leave. It's just a blog, not a black hole.


Washington Cancels Presidential Primary

The state of Washington became the eighth state to cancel their Presidential Primary yesterday. Feeling that their primary was largely inconsequential, they decided to switch to a caucus format, which is less expensive. It sounds like a 70's-style Saturday Night Live skit though - "In a cost-cutting measure, the United States has decided to limit Democracy". Read the whole story here: Washington Cancels Presidential Primary



Congress Eyes Funds For Iran Dissidents

Congress is trying to openly send money to Iran dissidents, a whopping total of 1.5 million dollars. Seeing that this amount could have been easily delivered in a suitcase without our knowledge, and isn't going to overthrow anyone, it's hard to understand what the benefit is of doing this publicly. In fact, if I'm an Al Qaeda Recruiter, this makes my job easier:

"Hey kid. They're friends with Israel, they've invaded Afghanistan and Iraq, and Iran is next. Don't believe me? Look at this story!" Congress Eyes Funds For Iraqi Dissidents


We'll finish with what has to be a first, a position by position matchup between the Red Sox and Yankees - in December. Can't Wait Til Next Year


Dave's Email

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home