Friday, January 16, 2004

Eskimo Up!

I did not believe the information
Just had to trust imagination
My heart going boom boom boom
Son, he said, grab your things I've come to take you home
- Peter Gabriel and Genesis, Salisbury Hill

Just out of pure curiosity, I'm very disappointed that tonight's coldspell is not coming on Sunday, when the home-dome Colts travel to Foxboro. Can players really go out there if you can get frostbite in less than ten minutes? And what about that dumbass fan destined to disrobe under such horrible conditions? Such a shame that they will never get to fulfill their destiny.

As for me, I damn near broke into tears driving to the liquor store after work, listening to the Wallflowers' 6th Avenue Heartache, but thinking of Springsteen's 10th Avenue Freezeout, as I realized that yeah, I may very well be moving to Florida. Sure enough, when I got home my wife put our current odds of moving at 80%. As I speak, there is a 71 degree difference between Boston and Boca, and that's not counting wind chill.

Son, he said, grab your things I've come to take you home.

Dave's Email

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home