Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Twins 3 Yankees 1

I decided the best way to attack this is a game at a time, but of course it's never that easy. I get about seven words in, and I get a call from this hotel in Maine offering me four roundtrip airline tickets to do an hour-and-a-half tour of their facility. I'm running right up on Braves-Cubs now, and my wife tells me that Los Lobos AND Ratdog are going to be on Austin City Limits. So hey man, I'm flying.

Scores
OBP - Min .351, NY .316
SLG - MIn .375, NY .314
OPS - Min .726, NY .630
BAP - Min .526, NY .421
BA +SecA - Min .516, NY .428

I was going to do Runs Created, but trying to solve that puzzle is like trying to wrestle an alligator in an elevator. All forms of measurement used got today's game right.

Big Play Award - With the score 1-0 Twins in the sixth, Torii Hunter triples home Matt LeCroy, then scores on an error by Alfonso Soriano.

Dumb Ass Award - In the same half inning, Corey Koskie doubles after Hunter's triple and LeCroy's single. With Mike Mussina on the ropes, Koskie gets thrown out trying to steal third.

Bum of the Day - Nick Johnson
Here's Nick's day:

- Flies out with one out in the first.
- Walks with two out and no one on in the third.
- Grounds out with Soriano on third and two outs in the fifth.
- Strikes out with runners on first and third and two out in the 7th.
- Grounds out with runners on first and third and two outs in the ninth.

Go Twins! The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

One game down, potentially 47 to go. I may have SF - Florida up tonight. We'll see.

Dave's Email

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home