Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Crap

Things that crossed my mind nursing a sore back injured while cleaning sewage out of my basement. Trust me, you need diversions.

Here's the Webster's online definition of dynasty:

1 : a succession of rulers of the same line of descent
2 : a powerful group or family that maintains its position for a considerable time

The Patriots don't fit this description yet, but with one good Super Bowl blowout win, they'll be there.


Ellis Burks rejoins the Red Sox. I'm fairly certain that Ellis would have been gone from baseball a decade ago had he spent another second being steamrolled by Mike Greenwell in left-center week after week.

LeBron James doesn't make the all-star team? People seem to think that the NBA knows something about marketing, but apparently that's just NIKE.

John Kerry is showing a level of determination that he never needed as the junior Senator from Massachusetts. I'm sure he's causing some worries in the White House.

I'm probably the only person who thinks that signing Ivan Rodriguez was a brilliant move for the Tigers. Before you can worry about contending, or building a champion of the future, you must keep yourself from being a laughingstock. IRod will bring confidence and respect, add a bat to the middle of the order, and stabilize a key defensive position on a team with a very young pitching staff. I have much more doubt about the Rondell White and Fernando Vina signings, but I do think Jason Johnson can have a big year in that park as well.

Janet Jackson? Who cares? I'm always amazed that there is no uproar over the 100 fictional murders you witness on TV on any given night, but reveal one female breast for three seconds and you have a national controversy.

Dave's Email

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home