Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Passion Is No Ordinary Word

I'm not sure if I've ever written an article that had absolutely nothing to do with sports or competition before, but I had something I wanted to share, and this is my only venue. James Carroll is my favorite editorial writer, a man with deeply-held Catholic convictions who is maybe the only public person in Greater Boston willing to talk openly and sensitively about race, religion, war, and just about any other hot-button topic you can think of. The following story appeared in this morning's Boston Globe, and has to do with the Mel Gibson movie. I'll never see it, and having virtually no knowledge of the New Testament, couldn't offer an informed opinion on it, anyway. Carroll though, he's perfect for the job. So if you have any interest, here it is:

Obscene Portrayal of Christ's Passion

Dave's Email

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home